Tuesday 15 January 2013

Bad online experiences - in real life

My brother pointed me to these great videos from Google Analytics just before Christmas. They were designed to make webshop owners think about some of the barriers between your customers arriving at your site and actually completing a transaction. Instead of a boring lecture, they've turned some common online shopping frustrations into real life comedy scenarios which take place in a poorly planned supermarket with some rather annoying staff.

My favourite is this one on having to sign in to a website before completing your purchase:


The others (about site search and landing-page optimisation) are embedded in this Mashable post, or you can find them on the Google Analytics YouTube channel. I also noticed that they have lots of helpful-looking videos about how to do various tasks. I've added some to my "to watch" queue, doing more with my analytics is always on my to-do list!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant video and it is so true! Definitely food for thought.

    ReplyDelete